Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gluten Free Bread

My hubby loves sandwiches.  He has been known to eat 2-3 a day, including one at 11:00 p.m.  We try very hard to be frugal with our grocery budget.  I looked around at the few health food stores here around Lansing, Michigan.   I was very disappointed in the prices for a loaf of GF bread.  I used to shop at the Aunt Millie's outlet store and purchase a loaf of great quality Aunt Millie's whole grain bread for 89 cents a loaf.  Changing to a GF diet does not mean that I am willing to spend $10 a loaf for bread.

I talked a little with other friends following a GF diet and they were discussing ordering bread and other GF products online.   Since I love to cook and experiment, I decided to search the internet and look for recipes for GF bread that I could make at home.   I did not own a bread machine, so I put the word out to family and friends that I was looking for one.

In the beginning of June, my hubby's stepdad found one at a second hand store.  He paid on $7.99 for the machine.  He gave it to us as a gift.  No cost!  =)

Check the next post for the recipe I use to make bread machine gluten free bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment