Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gluten Free Bread Recipe

I searched the internet for a recipe for homemade Gluten Free Bread.  I had a few criteria.  I wanted to stay within our general grocery budget to purchase all of the ingredients to make the bread.   I didn't want to have to purchase lots of expensive flours or speciality ingredients.  I even researched grinding my own flours - rice and oat. More on grinding in another blog post.

Here is the recipe that I found that works the best.  I give all credit to the creator of the recipe.  My family and many friends have taste tested the recipe and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even my stepdad who loves a good loaf of bread, enjoyed the freshly baked bread.

Found on the website:  This recipe was printed from Lynn's Recipe Adventures: http://lynnskitchenadventures.com/lra

URL to recipe: http://lynnskitchenadventures.com/lra/gluten-free-bread-machine-bread/

Click here to print.

Copyright © 2011 Lynn's Recipe Adventures. All rights reserved.
  • lynnskitchenadventures.com
    Recipes, tips, and information about living and thriving with wheat, nut, and peanut allergies.
     


  • Gluten Free Bread Machine Bread

    • 3 eggs
    • 1 tsp. Cider Vinegar
    • 1/4 cup Canola Oil
    • 1-1/2 cups Water
    • 2 cups White Rice Flour
    • 1/2 cup Potato Starch
    • 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
    • 1/3 cup Cornstarch
    • 1 Tbsp. Xanthan Gum
    • 3 Tbsp. Sugar
    • 1-1/2 tsp. Salt ( I used 1 tsp and it was fine)
    • 2/3 cup Milk Powder (Non-Fat Dry)
    • 2-1/4 tsp. Yeast, Active Dry
    Combine liquid ingredients and pour carefully into bread machine baking pan. Mix together dry ingredients and add to baking pan. Carefully place pan in the bread machine. Select normal/white cycle and start machine. ( I use the gluten free setting on my bread machine). Remove pan from the machine when bake cycle is complete. Remove bread from pan. Cool upright on a rack before slicing.
    Adapted from Bob’s Red Mill.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment